Sunday 6 November 2011

Double Trouble

This layout was the result of a prompt called "rough around the edges" - we had to look at the edges of our papers and use border punches, distress inks, distress tools etc.  I was OK with this one, I don't mind a little bit of ink around my edges, so I just went for it big time (normally I'm much more subtle!)  I sanded some edges (including the photos) and generally just inked it up - I might even have added some splats IF I had the right ink to splat!


I also used papers from three different companies on this LO - normally I like to play safe and stick to paper collections, so I really am trying out new stuff with this class!

Since this LO features my boys, now seems like a good time to update you on their progress.  Last week, they went to the vet for their little boys operations.  This was unfortunately not as straight forward as it might have been, as very sadly, Pickle has been diagnosed with a very defective heart, and has been given a poor prognosis.  Therefore, he can't have an anaesthetic like Arnold can so we didn't know if it would even be possible, but as he had to go for another heart scan anyway, while he was sedated for the scan, they whipped them off.  We are all devastated about his condition as he is such a lovely little chap - they both are, so now that the initial shock and sadness has worn off, we are just committed to loving him as much as we can while we have him, and will try to make his little life as happy as it can be.

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. I really love this page - I love how you did the stacked photo mat with inked edges, and love how you're mixing up papers, so much fun! And the photos - adorable!!! I'm so sorry to hear that Pickle is not doing well - is there any way he can defeat the odds? They're both so cute, you're very lucky to have them! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Pickle, poor guy, and for you. Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab LO carole I love inked edges well he sure looks happy they are both posers for the camera :) hugs alma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful layout and cute pics.
    Sorry to hear about Pickle but at least you know.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww poor Pickle... what a shame ! and actually poor both of them for losing their man bits, ouch!!!! :)

    love that you are trying new things, see its not just me :) love all the inking and distressing, would love to know what ink is the right ink?? lol you can do it with any ink if you have either a tim holtz mat thing or the cheap oven mats form the pound shop which are a tiny proportion of the cost but exactly the same thing... just swish your ink pad around on it and add a bit of water and then dab your paint brush in and flick!!! easy peasy.... now your turn!!!

    do you have Facebook Carole?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely LO carole, so sorry to hear about pickles, but know he will be well loved and you never know he might just defy all odds, hugs....xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete