Saturday 9 July 2011

A male birthday card

I struggle so much with male cards so my heart sank when I realised that I needed to make two this month, one being for my little brother (age 39, 6' 2"!)  I came up with this design:


The only thing I was slightly fed up about was the glue showing through the blue vellum, but actually once it dried some more, it was far less visible.  Note to self: don't use vellum on kraft again!

I opened up my pack of V&A papers for these cards and love the masculine feel.  Apart from the bird which is a Sizzix die, out came my compass for the circles and I hand cut the trunk.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Carole x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, these are just wonderful!!! I adore this design, might have to give this one a go, as they could be adapted to any occasion, just love them, they're still very you, I just adore them, you clever gal!
    I wouldn't have noticed the glue, thought it was part of the design, perhaps try a velum glue if you'd perfer, or maybe a brad?
    Hugs
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards carole, you're going to wear that compose out, lol..xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete