Wednesday 24 November 2010

Tags, tags, tags!

It's been quite nice this week only having to work my core hours and so I have had quite a bit of time in my Crafty Corner.  I have been making my Christmas gift tags.  This is why I bought the holly die, so thought I really should use it for its intended purpose!  Talk about arm ache though!  Having Cuttlebugged all those tags, and then each holly leaf individually as my green card is lovely and thick, I was getting a little bit fed up.  They may look simple but as I'm sure my fellow crafters will appreciate, there are a lot of steps after the die cutting bit, like inking all the edges, sticking them down and then doodling the border (and I've still got the last batch of doodling to do tonight whilst watching The Apprentice!)


I also made these three for my friend who asked me to make them to go on her homemade jams/chutneys that she is popping in a hamper as a gift:


You probably can't tell from the photo, but they are the middle sized Sizzix tag die instead of the larger one that I have used for my holly gift tags.

I need to wrap a few gifts tomorrow as OH's brother and his family are over from the States visiting and we are all meeting up for a big turkey Thanksgiving dinner on Friday when we will also exchange Christmas gifts as they are returning to the States on 2nd December.  I am so looking forward to seeing them all, and to getting my hands on my stash order that I had delivered to their house in America!  How exciting!!!

Carole x

p.s.  I walked the dogs with my friend Louise again this morning in The New Forest, and it was very, very cold, but very, very pretty :

3 comments:

  1. Love the tags Carole - I've actuallymanaged a few myself - but not as posh as yours!
    Have a fab.time on Friday - American stash...how exciting!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely tags carole and well done on getting time in your crafty corner...

    have a great time with the relatives and getting some US stash...xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tags, what a great finishing touch to jars of jam and chutney.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete