Sunday 7 November 2010

Christmas Journal 2010

I must admit that although I knew that preparation was key to the success of this project, I had probably underestimated just how much preparation was needed!  After the few hours spent last week cutting and sticking together the pages and the covers, today I inked all the edges - both sides, crop-a-diled all the holes in the pages and covers, and very scarily, I cut up 90% of my Basic Grey Wassail papers - eek!!!  This project had better be worth it or I shall cry at the vandalism of those beautiful papers!

I also sorted out a box full of specifically Christmas bits and bobs so that everything is together for D-Day (who would have known just how much Christmas stash I would find?)  However, as Wassail, although beautiful is quite "grungy" a lot of my embellishments are a bit clean and won't look right, so I very well may end up making a lot of my own - luckily I also made a pile of appropriate dies!

So, after all that tedious work, I felt the need to be a little bit creative, and what better to get me excited about the project again than the cover of the journal?  Good timing too, as I have all those delicious off cuts of Wassail to use!


I'm loving the gorgeous chunky bell that I found last week while out to lunch (a snip at 65p) and I just had to add it on already!  I shall be working on this to get it even more ready for 1st December ...

I also made my Christmas Pudding and steamed it for the required 6 hours today, so that is ready to go now too.  Is it too early to be feeling Christmassy?!!!

Hope your weekend was crafty too!

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. FAB carole, love it, well done...

    now what makes me think you're a little excited about this project, lol...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally excited about this project Maria! It's so ME! Christmas is definitely my favourite time of the year (have been called Mrs Christmas on more than one occasion!) and Wassail papers are my all time favourite papers, so I'm on to a winner!!!

    Thanks for the lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG Carole!
    I've got as far as buying some papers and chipboard tags and frames (well they were half price so a bargain!). I intended to use some of my old stash (including Wassail) but I saw some gorgeous Echo Park papers and couldn't resist!
    Love the chunky bell!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole well I ust say your countdown to christmas journal has indeed been well worth the effort. No its not too early at all to feel christmassy, May i be one of the first or thee first to wish you "Merry christmas" I must agree i too love christmas and I will get all excited along side you I all excited to see what other have done as well

    hugs alma xxx

    ReplyDelete