Friday 21 May 2010

Happy Friday

We have made great progress on the kitchen today! Well, I say we, the carpenter had just arrived when I got back from walking the dogs this morning, and he brought with him our old cabinet doors remodelled, and the seven new ones. He has fitted all the doors but not the drawer fronts, and he has made the new cupboard to house all our mugs and to hide our boiler. So, I probably won't be crafting very much over the next few days due to door painting! Then, my sister is coming to stay with me for a few days at the end of next week, so it will be lovely to spend time with her!

I have heard from Alma today that she has received her friendship tag, so now it is safe to show it to you - best I get in quick before Alma pops it on her blog!!!


SusieJ, thank you for your comment on my Mum's new home card - take a look at the door sign I made for Alex based on the card!!! There's the chook ...!


I got on quite well last night with the stitching - OH was out so we had dinner earlier, then Alex and I watched Brothers and Sisters, so a good few hours!


Wish me luck with the painting!

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. loving the chickens Carole!! And the stitching's looking fab- you must have endless patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The chook is back!
    I've been trying to follow the advice you're stitching but failed miserably on the nap today (really needed it as we were up at 05:30). Max however has got it down to a fine art!
    Sue xx
    p.s. enjoy the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeeeeee! I got a chicken, thank you so much Carole, I think their sales must have boosted since your lovely blog and chicken cards began. Love the die, yet to use it though, but the plastic cover was a nightmare to open, stuck all the way round he edge, oh well, at least I have the die :) thanks for all your inspiration!

    Also, ofcourse loving your wonderful cross stitch, it's really coming along now, and looks beautiful!

    Great news about your kitchen, can't wait to see some pics when it's all done, remember befores and afters!

    Hope you have a great week-end Carole, enjoy the sunshine and your sisters visit next week, and thanks so much for your lovely mail, I will ofcourse reply soon :)

    Suzie xxxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stitching looks fab You have some nice little chick chucks...hugs alma xx Thank you so much for my friendship tag oh you beat me to put it up lol I have put it on my blog today it really is wnderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love alex's door sign, lol that chicken is back, hahaha...

    love the x-stitch too, you are really getting on with that, well done...

    good luck with the painting, I'm doing door frames at the moment, and have fun when your sister comes to visit...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete